Visual recording is your secret weapon for running a five-star, maximum impact conference. Given the major expense of large-scale, multi-day events, you need to go above and beyond standard techniques in order to get your message across and inspire vital, productive conversations.
Humans are visually wired—images have ruled communication since early civilization—it’s in our DNA.
- 90% of information sent to the brain is visual.
- 65% of people are visual learners.
- Visuals are processed 60,000 times faster than text.
- Words are processed by short-term memory (sequential processing); visuals are processed by long-term memory (simultaneous processing).
- 83% of learning occurs visually.
- When it comes to retaining information, hearing = 10% retention, reading = 20% retention, and seeing = 80% retention!
The reason you want graphic recording at your conference is because we live in a visual world. As children, we master visual skills before we develop verbal ones, which is why graphics are so effective for getting your message across.
When you use visual recording in your plenary and breakout sessions, you are better able to:
- Engage & entertain conference attendees
- Amplify leadership messages & optimize retention of ideas
- Preserve essential points from breakout discussions
- Maximize your investment in keynote speakers
- And so much more!
Recently we mapped the Sparking Solutions Summit for a conservative, more formal audience of experts, and at first, the organizing team was unsure how these researchers, decision-makers, funders, and policy makers would respond.
But, as soon as we started mapping the conversation, people were blown away by the new way of interacting with a discussion. The group enthusiastically took pictures of the graphics and many of the charts were Tweeted mid-meeting.
Afterwards, participants gave lots of feedback to say that this event was way different than anything they’d ever experienced, and that they’d been provoked to think about things in a brand new way. A top researcher even wrote organizers a week later to say her head was still spinning (in a good way)!
“What an innovative way to communicate the ideas from this summit. The graphic recorder was amazing! She captured some of the sessions I would have otherwise missed.”
In our debrief call with organizers, we were thanked for helping them expand their meeting techniques and encouraging them to think and process information in such an engaging and effective method.
You can check out the visual report we created for the Sparkling Solutions Summit here.
Are you ready to use Graphic Recording to make your next meeting the best one ever? Contact us to find out how we can take your message to the next level.