VISUAL MEETINGS LAUNCHPAD!
December 6-7, 2019, 9am-5pm – Victoria, BC
Have you seen visual facilitation in a meeting before, or just recently discovered the world of visual meetings and wondered…is that something I could do?
This highly interactive workshop gives you the foundational skills to bring meetings and group processes to life visually. Whether you want to introduce visual practices into your organization, or you’re dreaming of starting your own visual facilitation/recording practice, we’ll launch you on your way.
Come learn to increase engagement, participation, and productivity in group settings using the awesome power of graphics! Perfect for all process professionals such as facilitators, team leaders, trainers, coaches, consultants and you!
Yes… YOU CAN do it!
This workshop is for you if you want to:
- Learn to listen for, distill, translate and capture any information into visual form
- Learn to use a variety of visual tools to help groups connect, collaborate and think better
- Engage people in higher-level meeting discussion, boost retention and increase accountability for action by making thoughts visible
- Discover and enhance your existing visual thinking abilities and develop the confidence to translate ideas to images
- Relinquish the idea that you “can’t draw.” Don’t worry… everyone we train thinks that.
We are skilled at showing you that you can!
Why train with us?
- You get 2 awesome instructors! (“the Lisas” with 17 years experience)
Your trainers, Lisa Arora and Lisa Edwards, are successful business strategy consultants who use visual facilitation/recording. You not only get their expertise as visual practitioners, but also their viewpoints as global consultants, educators and partners to other visual practitioners and facilitators. We’re plugged into an amazing network of resources and leading edge developments in the field and we’re incredibly dedicated to making sure YOU are equipped with top-notch skills in this field.
- You’ll experience a realistic approach
We zero in and teach you the most fundamental skills you need to begin capturing information visually and processing it in meaningful ways with groups. We know that developing your visual practice takes time. You can’t learn it all in one workshop. We help you master the basics (and prevent overwhelm) so you stay motivated to practice and build your skills long after the workshop.
- You get an ideal learning environment
We emphasize lots of hands-on practice and we limit the workshop to 16 people so you receive the individual feedback and coaching that is so critical to developing your skills and confidence. You’ll experience visual methods expertly modeled in the workshop delivery and discuss how these apply to real meetings/scenarios.
TELL ME MORE ABOUT
What I’ll Learn!
In this 2-day Visual Meetings Launchpad you will:
- Develop a repertoire of techniques and approaches you can use to make your day-to-day office meetings more productive, interactive and memorable.
- Get oriented to the growing field of visual practice – learn the lingo, how to articulate the benefits of graphic recording/facilitation, where to get the supplies and how to join in the global community of amazing visual practitioners.
- Develop the core skills to capture information graphically in real-time or in studio projects – learn how to listen for, synthesize and organize the essential information, begin building your visual vocabulary with lettering techniques, easy to draw icons, shapes and line, and apply color theory and visual metaphor.
- Understand how to apply the core skills of graphic recording to graphic facilitation – learn how to design and use templates to support processes,and begin building a repertoire of interactive graphic facilitation techniques that get pens in participants’ hands.
- Learn what successful practitioners do to create exceptional engagement in visual meetings – how to prepare and ensure the right conditions for partnering well with another facilitator, introduce visual methods to a group, manage common visual meeting dynamics and ensure the visuals are used as a thinking tool during and after the meeting.
- Plan your next steps on your visual learning journey – identify authentic practice opportunities you can take advantage of, discover ways to receive support and guidance and receive recommendations on additional trusted training in the field.
What’s Included in My $1997 Investment?
- 14 hours of in person instruction
- A comprehensive handbook
- All the supplies you need during the workshop
- A toolkit of your own to take home with all the basic supplies you need to start our practice
- 3 practical e-guides
Want to Take Your Visual Skills to the iPad?
Add our companion workshop…
Digital Visual Launchpad
Translate the fundamentals of visual language you learn in Visual Meetings Launchpad to the iPad! This one-day course (designed for those who have completed Visual Meetings Launchpad) will orient you to using Procreate (an inexpensive app) to create visuals that grab your audience, are easy to understand and rock people’s socks off.
Lisa E will teach you how to create brilliant, eye-popping visuals that say it all, get remembered and support strategic projects/processes.
This course is for you if:
- You need to communicate important information to groups (for example, vision and strategy maps, team charters, culture change roadmaps, journey maps, templates and more).
- You want to create the visual faster than you can work on paper.
- You want the flexibility and forgiveness of the iPad, which allows you to undo, trace, import and more.
In this workshop you will:
- Learn your way around Procreate and master the most important features
- Create and size canvases, then use layers to create several practice images
- Apply visual facilitation principles for color, line, shape, texture and text to the image you createApply your skills to synthesize content and prepare content for a custom map
- Learn to share and use the electronic images you create in many ways
What's Included in My $799 Investment?
- 7 hours of small group instruction
- A handbook designed to help you remember steps and link you to existing video tutorials online
- 3 visual templates you can adapt and build on in Procreate